Winter has arrived in Melbourne and the mornings and evenings are ‘crisp’. The other night, after a big organic fruit and veg shop, I roasted up lots of great vegies. I then mixed them in with some left over brown rice and some home-made gomashio. A delicious warm roast vegetable salad for all!
Vegetables of your choice. I roasted beetroot, Brussels sprouts, red capsicum, carrot, garlic and sweet potato.
A few handfuls of fresh baby spinach
A tablespoon of gomashio (recipe here – http://vegematarian.com.au/2012/04/29/gomasio/)
1. Preheat your oven.
2. Roast your vegetables with sprinkles of olive oil. Note that the smaller and less ‘dense’ vegies will take a shorter time to cook so keep an eye on things or add vegies to the oven from biggest/densest to smallest/thinnest.
3. Add roast vegetables to a large salad or mixing bowl.
4. Stir through fresh baby spinach.
5. Stir through the gomasio.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
An original for Vegematarian.