Oh my goodness. I think I might have a new favourite muffin! My mum made these for a family birthday party recently and I was licking my lips for hours afterwards. The peanut butter and banana combination is super yum and these muffins are really easy to make. If you’re not so keen on peanuts, you could use almond, sunflower or cashew butter.
1 cup natural organic peanut butter
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 whole eggs
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup honey (or 1 drop of stevia, to taste)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Optional add-ins: 1 cup fresh raspberries or ½ cup dried sultanas
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F) and prepare a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients mix until smooth. At this point, you can fold in one of the optional add-ins, if desired.
3. Scoop the batter, using a ¼ cup, into each muffin liner.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. The resulting muffins should be firm, and lightly golden.
5. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
6. Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Thanks to my mum and to Megan at detoxinista for her recipe – http://detoxinista.com/2012/08/flourless-peanut-butter-banana-muffins/